
Friday, June 25th we received the file for our daughter. She is as beautiful as any little girl could ever be. We are thrilled beyond words. On Sunday we submitted our Letter of Intent to adopt her and permanently locked her file as ours. We have a daughter. I never thought I'd say that.
(An odd and wonderful thing is that on Friday, we were in St. Louis on vacation with our friends James, Allison and Maya. This is a family that traveled with us 2.5 years ago to China. They adopted Maya and we adopted Michael. Talk about Deja Vu.)
We are naming her Kailey and we will keep her chinese name as her middle name. For so long we could not decide on a girls name. I had hoped it would come to me when I saw her face. In reality it came to me when I saw her name. Her last name is Kai. Kailey, it's a name we'd not considered before, but we like it.
Our Kailey is a deep sleeper. That's a trait I had most hoped for. She is following her brother's growth chart starting out in the 3rd percentile and now moving up to the 25th. She is doing all of the things that she should be doing at her age, which is 2 1/2. She is a southern gal, currently residing in Guangdong province. She is descibed as shy, having a ready smile, and as being both introverted and extroverted. (I guess will have to find out for ourselves.) She is NOT described as being "sometimes obstinate". Glad of that.
(An odd and wonderful thing is that on Friday, we were in St. Louis on vacation with our friends James, Allison and Maya. This is a family that traveled with us 2.5 years ago to China. They adopted Maya and we adopted Michael. Talk about Deja Vu.)
We are naming her Kailey and we will keep her chinese name as her middle name. For so long we could not decide on a girls name. I had hoped it would come to me when I saw her face. In reality it came to me when I saw her name. Her last name is Kai. Kailey, it's a name we'd not considered before, but we like it.
Our Kailey is a deep sleeper. That's a trait I had most hoped for. She is following her brother's growth chart starting out in the 3rd percentile and now moving up to the 25th. She is doing all of the things that she should be doing at her age, which is 2 1/2. She is a southern gal, currently residing in Guangdong province. She is descibed as shy, having a ready smile, and as being both introverted and extroverted. (I guess will have to find out for ourselves.) She is NOT described as being "sometimes obstinate". Glad of that.
