On December 3rd, 2007 our son, Michael, was placed in our arms. He was 14 months old and we were in Changsha, China. Three years and three days later, his sister, Kailey, joined our growing family in Guangzhou, China. Thanks to all of you that follow our journey.





Monday, August 9, 2010

A pretty green room

Well, still no LOA on day 43. The RQ site is full of reports of incoming LOA's. Finally I called FTIA and was told that they received no package from China today. Still I'm in good spirits, as lots of people ahead of us did get LOAs, which is much better than last weeks depressing lack of LOAs for anyone.

Maybe I'm just excited about this weekends progress on Kaileys room. We painted it Delicate Frost (or mint green to most of us). I LOVE the color and it will look even better with the pink bedding and accents. By weeks end we should have the shelf repainted and rehung and the curtains up. The big weekend shocker - we ordered the furniture. That's a big leap of faith for us, the eternal adoption pessimists. It should be here in 3 weeks. It's going to be a beautiful room. Can't wait to have someone here to claim it as her own.

Now, I'm off to paint that shelf.