The view from our window.
The flight in was uneventful. Everything was on time . We were worried at the airport when we didn't find our guide for awhile. Apparently we could have exited several spots. Finally we found her (we were expecting a guy) and we were soon on the 30 minute van ride to the hotel.
It feels strange to be back here to "the island". Very familiar and yet foreign. The rooms are still tiny and the beds are still hard. (I did not remember how hard.) Lucy's is still serving Americanish food, brides and their photographers are still everywhere and the shop owners are still pushy.
We were exhausted so we ate at Lucys, bought bottled water and crashed into bed at 5pm. I knew we shouldn't but we had too. Now we've been up since 3am and are ready for the WS breakfast buffet. I'm hoping it opens soon.
Our guide will call later to set plans for the day. We've got 2 days to settle in before meeting Kailey.
It feels strange to be back here to "the island". Very familiar and yet foreign. The rooms are still tiny and the beds are still hard. (I did not remember how hard.) Lucy's is still serving Americanish food, brides and their photographers are still everywhere and the shop owners are still pushy.
We were exhausted so we ate at Lucys, bought bottled water and crashed into bed at 5pm. I knew we shouldn't but we had too. Now we've been up since 3am and are ready for the WS breakfast buffet. I'm hoping it opens soon.
Our guide will call later to set plans for the day. We've got 2 days to settle in before meeting Kailey.
