On December 3rd, 2007 our son, Michael, was placed in our arms. He was 14 months old and we were in Changsha, China. Three years and three days later, his sister, Kailey, joined our growing family in Guangzhou, China. Thanks to all of you that follow our journey.





Saturday, December 4, 2010

Black Friday and what part of the pig was that?



Forget black friday - I've been to the Chinese grocery on a Saturday AND I went by cab. The traffic is crazy. Cars, buses, cabs, bikes and pedestrians everywhere and no one backs down. The ride was great fun. The store was just as crowded. People everywhere. We stopped to look at toothbrushes and a salesperson was all in our faces speaking Manderine. Seriously, I can pick out a toothbrush. I had Ike, our guide, take us all over the store just to look around. So many interesting things to see.
Dinner was from a place with no sign, a mom and pop place. On the fifth floor above "jordans" there is a restaurant that only locals know about. The food was really good. There is no english spoken there, so we couldn't go back alone. The pork was delicious but of a strange texture. The noodle dish was great. Michael liked the chicken and David like the green beans. Best meal I've had in days. Ike says he'll take us back.
Tomorrow we are going to a market.