On December 3rd, 2007 our son, Michael, was placed in our arms. He was 14 months old and we were in Changsha, China. Three years and three days later, his sister, Kailey, joined our growing family in Guangzhou, China. Thanks to all of you that follow our journey.





Thursday, December 2, 2010

In Korea


We are in the Korea airport, waiting for Duncan Donuts to open. It's 6:00 am here. So far things have been uneventful. The flights have been smooth and Michael has done really well. David, who has been sick for days, slept the entire 14 hour flight to get here but is now playing with Michael at the playground. Michael stayed awake for the 5 hour Chicago layover. We boarded the plane at 2am and he went right to sleep for 7 hours, just as I had hoped. We met another adoptive family in Chicago and their tween daughter occupied Michael for some time.

Two and a half more hours until our last flight (4 hours) to Guangzhou, China. Can't wait to be settled in at the white swan. I'm going to go look for a donut and a coke.
Update: I got a muffin and a Dr Pepper. It costs 4600.00 Korean. Yep, forty six hundred. I offered up a US $5 and I got change back. Not at all familiar with the Korean money.