The morning started with David not feeling well. He wasn't up to breakfast or a long trip so the kids and I headed off together. Ike was going along on the trip, so I wasn't concerned about going but hated to leave David here sick. However, it gave him a few hours to rest quietly.

This is the countryside? We drove 1.5 hours to Jiangmen City. The drive was shortened by a holiday of some sort that had most people off work, so traffic was light. This is the "countryside" between the two cities. Seemed more like the suburbs ran all of the way into the next city to me. We saw lots of factories, apartments and small farms.


The minute we pulled onto the grounds, Kailey knew where we were. She was happy and pointing at the building. That certainly shows that she was comfortable and felt safe there. She was thrilled to see each staff person and they were thrilled to see her.


We brought the balls for the kids. The kids were all great. I tried to get pics of as many kids as I could. Many of the older preschoolers wanted me to take their pictures. The number of them asking me to take a picture was almost overwhelming. I tried to accommodate each of them. Like my own children, they each had to see the picture afterwards.

During all of this my own daughter was right in the middle of the activity. Michael didn't seem to know what to think about it all. I had intentionally over dressed her. In traditional Chinese style she had come to us dressed in a top, a sweater and a heavy winter jacket (it was in the 70s). She did not need the sweater today. Before I left I was told that she was sweating. They pointed out to me several kids that were soon going to the US. I tried to take extra pics and video of them. I know how parents treasure any bit of information they can get about thier child.

It was a good trip and worth the ride. Clearly Kailey was well cared for. She was happy to be there and happy to leave, as well. Mostly Kailey is just a happy kid.

Pictures of the kids that have been adopted to other countries.

Here is the explaination for Kailey's love of taking a bath. In the summer this pool is open. That girl pours cup after cup of water on her head for the full duration of each bath - smiling the whole time.
David was much better by the time we got back.